Want to use a process or checklist you created again and again? Saving your process as a template is the answer. Here's how...
Templates are the ideal way to define your standard procedures, recurring processes and repeatable workflows.
To save a checklist as a template...
- Go to the process you want to use again and again
- If the process editor is not already open, click EDIT.
- Click the ... menu
- Select "Save as new template"
That's it. Your template is now a part of the Template Library for your account.
However, there's a few more steps before other people can use it.
- When you create a new template it's not yet published and available for others to use. New templates are created as an "Unpublished Revision".
- You may also want to turn any tasks assigned to specific people into tasks assigned to roles" (e.g. @Supervisor) so that when a new checklist is created from the template, the roles can be assigned to specific people at that time.
- The title of your new template will be used again and again. Think of a good one then update the title.
- After you save your changes, you can publish the template by pressing PUBLISH.
To create a new template, you need Template Creator privileges within your account. When you create a template, you become an Owner of that template.
An owner of a template can add other owners, who only need to be members of the team (you don't need to be a Template Creator to be added as an owner).